Sunday, April 15, 2012

Lliam's Silent Decision

Tonight, after putting the boys in bed, I sat at my computer to do homework and have a quick chat with Jeff. After about 5 minutes, Lliam walked in with the BIGGEST smile I have seen on his face. At the same time Jeff and I both asked him what was he doing out of bed. He said he had some VERY exciting news. We were doubting this was something important and just another attempt to get out of bed, but with a smile like that, who could deny hearing his news? He then told us, "I was in bed and I just prayed to let Jesus into my heart!"



[Complete shock! Speechless. What?? My son decided to accept Jesus in his heart and I am not there for it?? Is he serious? This is not a funny joke if he isn't. Wait. I have my backup question for a statement like that. Okay, go about this gently. If he is serious, you don't want to ruin his moment. Okay. That's right. keep smiling. DON'T CRY WOMAN!]<--- All in my head.

 Me-"Wow! That IS very exciting news!!"
Lliam- "I know! I am so excited!"
Me- "Why don't you come over here and tell me about it?"
Lliam-  jumping up and down all the way to me "okay"
Me- So you prayed to Jesus?
L-Yup! I said  (closes his eyes real tight )"Dear God, I love you and I want to accept Jesus in my heart. I..."
Jeff-  (interrupts)"What do you mean by accepting Jesus into your heart? Is he really going to live there?"

I  could tell Jeff was just as shocked as I was. He was also still pretty doubtful that this really happened. He wanted to make sure Lliam knew what he was doing. But his shock and doubt were showing through in his voice and I could see that this was not the reaction Lliam was expecting. His face started to look concerned and worried. It was at that moment that I realized he was not pulling our leg. He was about to answer Jeff, but I did not want to ruin his moment of telling the FIRST people his great news by having to explain his decision.  He is going to spend the rest of his life answering questions just like this. Defending his faith.  I want him to relish in this awesome moment. So I cut them off.

Me- Lliam, so you prayed and accepted Jesus in your heart. I am so, SO happy for you! So, now you are ready to let Jesus be the boss of your life? (the back up question)
Lliam- with a HUGE nod and a matching smile, "Yes! Yes I am!"

[Okay. He just answered the back up question correctly. He has never done that before! Every time we have mentioned him having another Boss in his life, he immediately drops the subject. Okay. Okay. DO NOT CRY, WOMAN! Breathe. I need to text Ami. We have never answered the back up question correctly. Oh my gosh!! My baby just got saved!! I praise you, Jesus! Thank you! Thank you! This happened way sooner that I ever dreamed. Do NOT cry. Let's just give him a hug just in case a tear... yep that tear... starts to slip out.]<--- all in the head, of course.

Me- That is so awesome. I am so proud of you!
Jeff- You are right, that is some really exciting news, Lliam. So, what happens next?
L- I get baptized! Mom, when can I get baptized?
Me- We need to talk to Miss Ami, first. Then on Sunday you can go to the front during the prayer time and tell Bro. Jim. He will tell you when you can get baptized.
L- Do you have his phone number? I could call him now.
Me- (oh that is so stinking precious) It is a little late to call him tonight.

After a few hugs, and a few sneaked kisses, we sent him to bed promising we would talk about it more tomorrow.  Of course, he does not stay in bed long. He waits a few minutes before he comes back asking if I am going to tell his Sparkie friends about this. This made me think he was doing this just for attention. Then he gave me the perfect answer, "No. I don't want people to clap for me. I am just so excited and happy that I want to tell everyone."  Wow. This is really real.

No comments:

Post a Comment